Friday, April 25, 2008

My daughter's artistic talent!

Aerial view of Jo-Ann's painted pottery


A couple of Jo-Ann's favourite pots done when she was 9 years old


Jo-Ann's indian ink print of The Palm Beach

Jo-Ann's oil painting of The Green Eye

From time to time, my daughter surprises me with her paintings and the above is an oil painting she did in school when she was 9 years old! This picture of an eye blew me away and I still cannot believe she did it 99% by herself! Her teacher did a little of the yellow colour and the rest is all hers!

I was also told that her pottery using the potter's wheel was the best amongst those in her age group so much so that she was also helping her busy art tutor teach some younger beginners' on the wheel and this was also when she was about 9 years old. Currently she has stopped going to her art tutor but told me that her current art teacher in school gave her Excellence in her shading method. Well.... she did not get her artistic talent from me! I can hardly draw although I appreciate paintings very much and have collected a few paintings! I blame it on my poor art classes when I was in school! Now I do encourage or give my girl all the advantages she can have if she shows any interest in art which included art classes after school which she did so for a couple of years!

I am no art critic but I welcome any commentt from any of you bloggers who are artists, too!

No comments: