Sunday, April 27, 2008

Friends are precious treasures!

Jo-Ann and Abbey - long distanced friends

I have always considered myself lucky to have a whole lot of close girlfriends from my schoolgirl days in an all girls' catholic school.  I hope my daughter will also get to have such friends, too, but I feel guilty as because of my changes in life and career, she had to go to 3 primary schools and now I hope that she can go through her intermediate and high school in the same school for the rest of her school days.

But having said that, last year in one of her figure skating competitions, she met a little girl in Christchurch, whose parents had recently immigrated from Scotland.  They hit it off and got along great immediately!  It was really interesting for me to watch their part time friendship as we live about 4  1/2 hr drive apart.  Today they met again and are rooming together at her skating camp.  They are just so happy and excited to meet up again  and will probably do so again in for another 2 more competitions in 2 different towns in the next few months.  It is just really fun to follow their relationship through texting and phone calls.  I think part of the reason they get on so well is because my daughter is bossy but her friend Abbey will follow her lead so that friendship works out really well!  I hope she will keep up this skating friendship into the future........



No comments: