Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It's good to be back!

After a 24 hour trip including transits, it is good to be back in Dunedin again. We went from 30 deg Celsius to 16 deg Celsius! And it is summertime in New Zealand!

The two weeks in Kuching, my birthtown were packed with shopping, meeting up with family, relatives and friends as well as eat all we could! Yes, we had bowls of laksa and in my daughter's case, make the 'kolo mee' a special noodle made fresh everyday that does not travel well. We also had lots of other delicacies and managed to bring back some Chinese New Year cookies, too! My poor 'kuih mangkit' (sago cookies) survived a custom officer shaking the tin container! I told him off with a "NOooooooooo! Don't do that!" He looked stunned that I told him off! I then opened up the tin to show him why I was upset!

Apart from the usual Christmas home trip, unfortunately I had to attend a close friend's father's funeral, too. She mentioned to me that it was funny how things turned out! She could not meet me at the the airport in Kuala Lumpur while I was on transit but we met up anyway due to her father's sudden passing so we got to spend some time together afterall......

No comments: