Saturday, January 26, 2008

Are we eating right?


In Michael Pollan's book:  In Defense of Food : An Eater's Manifesto, he claims that what we are eating is not food as we eat in the car, in front of the tv (guilty as charged!) as well as alone.

If you are a health food person, read on as one study found the among 18 - 50 year old Americans, roughly a fifth of all eating takes place in the car! 

 This really reminds me of how often my daughter and I have take-outs in the car while rushing to her lessons of one kind or another!  I dread to count when school starts, how often we do that!  As her ice skating lessons are in the morning we do end up eating breakfast in the car or car park!

I know they say only buy food at the end of the aisles and surrounding the aisles where all the fresh foods and fruits and vegies are but easier said than done!  And if you are also feeding a picky eater, it is worst!

So what are we to do?  To eat or not to eat???

No comments: