Monday, December 10, 2007

Welcome to my blog.....

Well, I finally got my first blog up and running! To all you out there, welcome to my blog! A big THANK YOU to Jamy Seay of http://www.seaykopitiam.com/ for helping me set up my blog!



I thought hard and long (about 5 minutes!) about what to name my blog and what theme to base my blog on and I decided on kiwilaksa. I think most of you would get a hint by the first part of my blog name of my origins. Yes, I am writing from way down under, right from Dunedin in New Zealand. For those of you who are geographically handicapped, Dunedin is located about 362km south of Christchurch about a 5 hour drive if you want to see the countryside. Dunedin is my adopted home now and my 11 year old daughter and I have been living in New Zealand for the past 5 1/2 years.....



Now the second part of my blog name is a delicious spicy coconut rice noodle soup from Kuching, my birthtown in the state of Sarawak in Malaysia. I love laksa and in New Zealand, laksa is quite a common name incorporated into some watered versions of laksa, of course, not as nice as the real thing!!! My daughter just discovered laksa this year despite her aversion to too spicy or chilli hot food! So now I can cook Kuching laksa for us with her having to eat her laksa in between sucking ice cubes!



So all in all, I just want to share my life experiences with anyone who is interested. You are all invited to comment on my postings if they catch your fancy!

No comments: