Monday, December 10, 2007

Quick Grilled toasties for Hungry Kids

My daughter is alway starving when we get home from school in the afternoons and I whipped up a quick recipe of what I call the Cheesy Garlic Bread for her. I thought I'd share this very easy recipe with all the busy parents out there. And here's the recipe....

Cheesy Garlic Bread
Sliced white bread (however many slices you want to make)
garlic butter
mozarella cheese

1. Turn on your oven to about 150 deg Celsius. A toaster oven may be used as a substitute.

2. Spread some garlic butter on to the bread. The amount depends on how garlicky you want your bread to taste.

3. Put the bread in the oven for a maximum of 3 minutes to melt the butter.

4. Then remove the bread and sprinkled the cheese over the buttered bread(amount again depends on your preference - my girl likes heaps of cheese!). Return into the oven.

5. Remove the bread when the cheese has melted. I normally take them out just before the cheese turns brown.

6. Serve hot.

Possible options: Add tomato sauce or pizza sauce after the garlic butter and before the cheese for cheesy pizza bread.

I find these 2 recipes a good snack or hunger buster while I get more time to make her dinner!

Try and enjoy.......