Friday, May 9, 2008

Modern Excuses for Not Doing Homework!

photo courtesy of www.uiowa.com

A few of my colleagues and I were thinking about all the excuses students come up with when asked why they cannot hand in their homework. The old excuse of "My dog ate my homework!" has hardly ever come up if any at all!

Here are some of the excuses given by Kiwi kids these days:

I had a big game last night!
I had to work last night!

I was at my Dad's/Mum's last night so did not have my books with me!

I had an accident and all my books got wet/really disgusting!

Oh! I forgot! I did it honestly! I left it on my desk and forgot to put it in my bag!


And finally, the straight forward and honest but lazy answer(!!)

I couldn't do any of it!

I am sure some other teachers have more creative answers, too!

No comments: