Friday, February 8, 2008

Bonjour Madame

All over New Zealand school started this past week for the academic year 2008.
 
                                           Image:Baguette.png

My 11 year old daughter started her first week of French lessons.  During her second lesson, her teacher asked her class if anyone knew what a baguette was.  Someone said "Is it a croissant?"  She said,"Nooooo... a croissant is a croissant!"  Then someone else said,"Is it a bagel?" The poor French teacher almost had a heart attack when she exclaimed,"Wash your mouth out!"  Then she told them that it is a French stick or bread.  My daughter thought the teacher was so funny!  I am just happy that she is enjoying her French class.

As for myself, it was interesting to see how my own students have matured from last year or the year before.  It was also good to find out that my ex-students could impress upon their current teacher of what I have taught them previously!  I was just ecstatic to know that they remembered what I have taught them!  Why?  Because year in and year out I feel like I am teaching the 13 to 16 year old the same old stuff!  Some how, the retention span of teenagers these days are really poor...  They are mostly too busy listening to their ipod or text messaging on their cell phones!

Oh well... one week down and ten more weeks to go before the end of term 1....

No comments: