Thursday, January 15, 2009

Quick and Easy Chicken Rice and Pickled cucumber

Pickled cucumber

 Chicken rice


Living overseas, I have to cook most of our home delicacies myself as we get very limited Malaysian restaurants.  So I experimented and look at some of the ingredients on the bottled chicken rice so here's quick and easy chicken rice.


Chicken Rice Ingredients

2 cups rice
500 ml chicken broth
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
2 tablespoon cooking oil
salt to your own taste (my daughter likes it salty!)

Instructions
Put all the ingredients into an electric rice cooker.  Stir it until it is all mixed up well and cook.


I am sure most of you will have very good recipes for roast chicken or steamed chicken as I do not have the time to roast chicken and normally just buy one from the supermarket!

But I love fresh pickled cucumber and experimented and come up with my own pickled cucumber which I love to eat together with my chicken rice.
  


Pickled Cucumber

Ingredients
1 medium size cucumber or half a telegraph cucumber
1 red chilli (optional)
1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar

Instructions

Slice cucumber thinly.  Deseed the chilli and cut into thin strips.  Put in a bowl together with the salt and sugar and squeezed the lemon juice into the mixture.  Allow to sit for at least one hour for the pickling process.

Enjoy!

No comments: