Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New Zealand goes to the polls, too, this coming Saturday, November 8.

Do we keep Helen and the Labour Party in government.............OR

do we make a change and vote for John Key and the National Party?


Everyone seems to be going to the polls about the same time and New Zealand is no different.  We have been under the Labour party rule for a while now and a lot of people are unhappy with the high crime rates and very lenient sentences.  So will National win and take over the next government?  

As a permanent resident, I found that we are expected to vote if we have at least one year residence in NZ.  So I have to vote this Saturday...

What frustrates me is that the Labour government would dangle some carrot just before the election to gather votes every time.  The last was interest free student loans!  Now is parents' income will no longer impact on students' allowance  just to gain votes from university students!  Then there are there are the ridiculous ads on tv, too!

I am a skeptic in that do they actually carry out their promises???

I still haven't decide on my vote yet although my tween is telling me to vote for the National as they are the ones who understand the education system!  I find it amusing that she is getting into the campaigning and I am sure National would love to have her in the campaign!

Whatever it is, I have to vote on Saturday and we may have a new government come Monday.

No comments: