Sunday, July 20, 2008

God's Will

Sometimes in our lives we are bombarded with surprises and shocks that we cannot even think would happen to us!  Just beyond our wildest imagination!  And this happened to me last week which makes me thankful for what God has blessed me with in the past 40 odd years of my life.

It was really strange but during one of the many Cadbury events I attended with my girl last week, that of all the places I chose to stand, I selected a spot which is opposite to the house of one of my friends that I have not been in contact with for the past 2 years.  I do come across her shopping once in a while but not really get together to meet or chat.  I found that she has a big change in her living conditions and life in that she was separated from her husband.  For the life of me  I could not forsee that happening as they were such a happy family together when I last saw them.  But circumstances change and when we are forced to make a decision where lots of sacrifices have to be made, it is really hard but I admire her strength and have decided to give her whatever support she may need as a friend.

I never thought that I had to face up to my own opinion on pro-life even though I have heard or read or seen on tv dramas of how people have to make extremely difficult decisions.  My friend was drugged and raped and she had no recollection at all until she found that she was pregnant.  There was great pressure for her to abort (which she could not do as well as for medical reasons) and was also pressured to give up her baby upon birth.  Because of her decision to keep the adorable baby, she was disowned by her own family and was separated from her husband before her baby was born.  She had been a homemaker so now she is living on the minimal welfare that she gets.  I feel really angry for her that her family abandoned her because of her decision and at the same time grateful to my own family for not abandoning me in my times of need.  To top it, she has been harrassed by the baby's father to give him the baby or compensate him with money as he knew that her husband is doing well financially!  And to add insult to injury the church she used to go to has also told her she is not welcomed  as only one of them can attend so she chose to let her husband continue with his worship as he was one of the elders.  Meanwhile she really needs the spiritual help which she is not getting so I hope to support her there.  Despite all her 'nightmare' she still believes that GOD is helping her get by day to day.  To that I salute her and hope to help her out whereever I can.

I just pray that she will have a light to the end of her black tunnel right now as she struggles to everyday life as well as court cases.  I just felt that God has brought me back into her life when she needs help and moral support.  It also makes me realize that some of my problems at work are so minor compared to some of the problems my friend is facing!

2 comments:

JamyTan said...

Janet,
Feel so sad for your friend.
Jamy

Kiwi Laksa said...

Yes, life is so volatile! We never know what will happen to us tomorrow not to say next week or next month or next year.....So we have to be thankful for all God's blessings.