Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cake decorating


I have close to nil skills in cake decorating but my daughter's school have their annual fund raising fair today and she wanted to take part in the cake decorating competition.  This is her first year at the intermediate and high school so we do not know the standards.  Although she did not win anything, I thought her idea of joining the mini marshmellows was quite creative so I told her I'd put it in my blog.  We were lucky to get the mini Easter eggs, too.  

The competition was tough and there were some good looking cakes but a lot of them were just sugar overload!  Nice to look at but probably a nightmare to parents with young children!  My girl's was okay as marshmellow has less sugar and fat!  There was a silent auction afterwards and I bet most parents just buy their own cakes!  I did not as we are not big cake eaters so it was fun to watch as there were a few bidders and the last bid for my girl's cake was only $4.50!

It was about the cost of the pre-mix cake I bought!  Yes, I cheated and could not be bothered about baking a cake from scratch!  I make muffins from scratch though! 

No comments: